2020-03-06 18:14:39 • Filed to: Choose Right Mac Software • Proven solutions
Wondering how to print PDF on Mac? There are many free PDF printer for Mac that can do this, with no additional settings required. This article reviews the 8 top-rated PDF printer for Mac currently on the market, and also outlines their advantages and disadvantages.
PDF Printer Mac that People Hate to Know So Late
Once you have re-established a connection to your Mac and verified that the. Apple: OS X Mountain Lion - If You Don't See Your Printer in the Print Dialog.
PDFelement is a complex PDF tool that allows for editng, annotating, creating, and converting PDFs. It also lets users protect PDFs with passwords, digitally sign PDF forms, and print to PDF. It is equipped with one of the best printing functions, capable of printing any edited PDF file. It features embedded page boxes that you can alter and adjust, which allows users to set the printing size during the printing process. The following steps is about how to print PDF on Mac easily.
Step 1: Open and Print
Open the file that you want to print to PDF with PDFelement. Click 'File' > 'Print' or use the Command+P keyboards to open the print command window.
Step 2: Set Printing Options and Save
Set the printing options you prefer. Click the PDF button on the print window and choose Save as PDF from the drop-down menu. Name the PDF file and select a location to save it to.
Videos on How to Print PDF on Mac
Benefits of PDFelement:
- You can easily modify text, pages, and images, as well as insert or delete objects from your PDF.
- You can effortlessly combine multiple PDFs into a single PDF file, or split a single PDF into multiple different files.
- Passwords and permission restrictions are used to protect PDF documents.
- Fill and edit an existing PDF form, or create a new one with various fields, buttons and boxes.
- Convert PDFs to a wide range of file formats or vice versa.
- It supports macOS10.12, 10.13, 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina.
#2. Adobe® Acrobat® - Adobe PDF Printer Mac
Adobe® Acrobat® makes it possible to create and print PDFs from any application on Mac. When you install Acrobat, you are also installing a virtual printer known as Adobe PDF. It is important to note that when you print to this printer, it converts your document to an Adobe PDF file on Mac instead of printing sheets of paper. You can do this through the following steps.
- Step 1: Choose 'File' > 'Print'. Choose Adobe PDF in the printer popup menu on your Mac system.
- Step 2: Click on 'Save as Adobe PDF'. A dialog box will open and you'll have to select either Adobe PDF or another PDF reader.
- Step 3: After making your choice, you will be prompted to name the PDF file and select a location to save it to. Type a name for your PDF file and Click 'OK' to save it.
However, Adobe Acrobat XI has now ended all support. This is why it's important to be aware of the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat.
#3. Mac Computer Built-in PDF Printer
You can use the built-in printing feature on Mac to create PDF files directly, or print webpages, documents, or any type of file as a PDF document without the need for additional software. The easy process of printing to PDF takes only a couple of steps to complete. You simply export your document as a PDF using the Mac print function. The following steps outline how to do this.
- Step 1: Open the file you would like to print to PDF.
- Step 2: Click on the file menu, and select 'Print' or alternatively you can use the Command+P shortcut to open the Print dialogue box.
- Step 3: Find the PDF button in the lower left-hand corner and select 'Save as PDF'. Click on 'Save' in the dialog box and save it to your desired location.
#4. PDF Writer for Mac
This program installs a printer drive on Mac, which enables users to create any PDF file by using the 'Print' option within most popular file formats. Note that it does not use ghostsc_x_ript to generate PDF files but it uses the Mac internal PDF capabilities which are designed to create synergy among different PDF tasks.
- It offers a simple way to create PDFs just by printing.
- It supports to merge multiple images in order to create one PDF file.
- It undergoes frequent updates.
- The PDF writer for Mac only comes with the print function.
- It is based on CUPS-PDF and the output file size can be quite large.
CUPS-PDF is an open source backend module for CUPS and it is a great tool if you want to print files to PDF format. The CUPS-PDF package for Mac is the standard version in macOS. In any program, you just need to choose the print command, select the PDF button on the dialog box, and then choose the ' Save as PDF' option. It will give you a virtual printer in which it prints a PDF file when a normal print task is sent to it. It is important to note that it is possible to create a desktop printer and use it to create PDF documents as well.
- CUPS-PDF is free and saves time.
- It is valuable for automating your print PDF mac task.
- It can be a bit confusing for users trying to save a document as a PDF.
- Navigation is not as easy as with some other printers.
#6. iPubsoft PDF Creator for Mac
You can also create PDFs from other file types, such as image files like jpg, tif, ico, gif, bmp, pcx, cur, xpm, tga, or text files such as Word documents.It includes many high quality features for converting PDF documents while retaining the original formatting. You can also convert PDFs to other file types while maintaining the original layout and quality.
- It supports the ability to merge multiple PDF documents into a single PDF document.
- The created PDF document will still have the same format and layout of the original document.
- The features are easy to use.
- It does not maintain formatting of excel or word documents.
- It does not support to add encryption to PDF files.
CutePDF is one of the most sought after free print to PDF solutions, and has an easy name to remember! It works as a stand-alone interface that can work with ghost script to help you create a PDF file without buying writer software. It has a virtual printer for all print support applications in your computer. To print PDF with CutePDF printer, it is important to first install a PS2PDF converter which is a postsc_x_ript driver that supports to process PDF printing tasks. Printing with the CutePDF involves using the 'Print' button and selecting the destination folder to save the output file.
- There are two versions - the free version and the paid version. However, the free version has almost identical features to the paid version.
- It is fast and has the capability to re-size printed PDF files to a more email friendly size.
- To get the password protect feature, you will need to upgrade the program to the paid version.
- It does not have a text editing tool. Therefore, it isn't possible to alter your PDF documents.
#8. Bullzip PDF Printer
Bullzip PDF printer has the capability to give you a high quality output every time. It has the most features compared to its competitors. With Bullzip, it is possible to password protect your PDF files, add a watermark and merge multiple documents. This application includes translation features that support multiple languages. It is simple and easy to use, even for beginners, and it is a very valuable tool to have in a corporate settings. To print on Bullzip PDF printer, you will need to choose the Bullzip printer driver, customize the output PDF file and save it.
- It has an easy to navigate interface with great capabilities for adding security and display settings via a dialog box.
- It has the ability to encrypt PDF files.
- It is not possible to deploy the output search function in the exported files and there's no way users can control the output's file zoom level when opened with Adobe reader.
Free DownloadFree Download or Buy PDFelementBuy PDFelement right now!
You've no need to muck about with printer drivers and software if you've got an Apple device and a printer that supports AirPrint (chances are you do) — with AirPrint you can connect to and print from your printer so long as both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How to connect an AirPrint printer to your Mac
Because AirPrint works over Wi-Fi, you need to make sure your printer is connected to your Wi-Fi network before proceeding. Your printer will come with step-by-step instructions for connecting the device to your home Wi-Fi network — follow those steps first.
- Make sure your Mac is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure your printer is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
Use the keyboard shortcut Command + P or choose File » Print from the Mac's menu bar. Black magic ultrastudio express drivers for mac download.
- Look at the Printer dropdown in the Print menu dialog. If it shows the name of your printer, you're good to go!
- If it doesn't show the name of your printer, click the dropdown menu and look for your printer's name.
If the printer still isn't showing up, click Add Printer…
- You'll see a menu appear. Look for your printer's name on the list and select it.
- Make sure the Use: dropdown menu is set to AirPrint.
Click Add to add your printer.
- You're good to go! All that's left is to Print from your new AirPrint printer!
If you run into any trouble whilst setting up your AirPrint printer, there are a few things you can try!
- Make sure you're running the latest version of macOS on your Mac and iOS on your iOS devices.
- Make sure your printer is updated to the latest software and firmware. Check your printer's user guide for information on updating your printer firmware.
- If you've got your printer connected to your Mac or to your network via USB, you're not going to be able to use AirPrint. You can't have your AirPrint and
eat itUSB, too.
- Make sure your printer is connected to the network. Also, make sure your printer is connected to the network. And don't forget to make sure your printer is connected to the network.
Still struggling to get that AirPrint printer up and running? Let me know in the comments below and we'll try to get you set up!
U.S. and Afghan forces successfully captured insurgents using an iPhone app
When their specialist kit failed, soldiers turned to an iPhone to get the job done.